Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tropical Enchantment

                                                             

A few days ago I colored a fabulous new design by Rick St Dennis, called Pearly Shells. This was an image I knew that was begging for a card, so following the coloring, I began designing with Pearly Shells as the focus. The design reminded me of a tropical south seas theme, and with this in mind I started with the background. The cardstock I used is from a DCWV paper pack called Endless Summer that I bought on clearance last year at Michael's. I decided to make this an easel card, with the intention of making this a display piece.
                                                   

In keeping with the tropical theme, I added embellishments, such as different size pearls and shells. To one side I added gold netting to add a touch of enchantment.  The last touch was the sentiment, and as many as I have acquired over the years, I felt "Embrace the Goddess Within" was perfect. I hope you feel the same.....
                                                          
 
                                                  Pearly Shells before she became a card!

No comments:

Post a Comment