Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Victorian Story Book Cards

                                                            

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I was busy with a Copic color workshop, and during this time I got an idea for a new series of cards using Pre-Raphaelite art images.  I have long been an admirer of Pre-Raphaelite art, and love the intense colors and imagery of Medieval and Renaissance culture.  There is also the element of fantasy and nature in Pre-Raphaelite art which makes it so compelling.  Looking at a painting is like reading a story, and this was my intention when I set out to make the cards.  In fact, after I was finished, they looked like distressed covers of Victorian books.             
                                                 
 
 

It's said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I hope you can look at each card and imagine Once Upon a Time.....and They Lived Happily Ever After.

                                                  

                                                 
 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Damarys. I love the Victorian images. You always do such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, Damarys! I love the simplicity, yet they say so much. I really love your clean style too. The subject matter stays in the forefront. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mornin' Damarys, these are gorgeous! Love the images and the papers really do match the feel of the designs perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't let these go by without saying "They're beautiful."""
    Barbra

    ReplyDelete