Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Life Is All About Plan B

                                                    
 

The above card is my entry for the steampunk challenge from the team.  It was only by chance that I already happened to have this digi stamp designed by Rick St Dennis.  This digi stamp can be purchased from Rick's Zibbet site under the Steampunk category for anyone interested. Since I am still new to Rick's team, I was not planning on participating, but I not only had a stamp, but also an idea, so decided to go with it. 

The card is 6 1/2" x 6 1/2", and the background prints and vintage tag are from the Timeless Type collection by DCWV.  The sprocket dies are from Spellbinders and La-La Land Crafts.  I added a tiny cameo and a clock as final touches.  The image of Ephasia I colored with Copic markers. I worked as many steampunk elements as I could into the card, but the sentiment really says it all, and it's so true.  Nothing is constant in life; as what we plan may take another turn, thus....life is all about Plan B.  In other words, we have to learn to adapt and to improvise in life.  I think of it as going with the flow.

5 comments:

  1. This is a winner in my eyes. Love your creativity.
    As for the saying nothing could be truer. I think ? it was John Lennon ? who said ,
    "Life is what happens while we're making other plans.."
    So your Plan B fits right in with that.
    LOL ! I never have a Plan B... I just keep at Plan A until I get it. !!!! lol !
    hugs, and good luck . Barbra Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbra Joan,
      Thank you for staying in touch and keeping track of my blog posts - I can always depend on you! I always think of Plan B as a backup plan.....take care and God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic blog and work, Damarys! You are truly a designer and artist. Thanks for all the inspiration. Hugs, Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fantastic! Love the image, so sassy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah! So happy you like it.... I submitted this as an entry for the next issue of Just Steampunk! magazine, and if it makes it, will be my first time being published!

      Delete