Thursday, June 7, 2012

Creating a Mood

I have always loved the unique look of silhouettes, especially against a brayered background.  I have long been an admirer of Lavinia Stamps, and as many times as I tried, I could not achieve that beautiful soft graduated look of colors.  I was extremely fortunate last summer when an opportunity to take a "Brayering 101" class, and at last I learned the proper way to use a brayer.  I think what I like best is how after you have brayered a background, choosing a silhouette stamp can create a mood. I have always loved haunting faerie and celestial themes, and have quite a few faerie stamps. On my wish list are stamps from Lavinia Stamps I hope to one day add to my collection.  I highly recommend you check this site out, as the photo gallery is wondrous to look at.  I have attached a few of the cards I have made with a brayered background.  The inks used for the backgrounds are Adirondacks by Ranger, and the black for the silhouettes is Versafine Onyx Black by Tsukineko.



8 comments:

  1. These are simply beautiful Damarys! My favorite is the last one because it reminds me of Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri,
    Wow, what a coincidence.... this is Anabel's favorite too LOL! So glad you like these cards...I need to practice my brayering more - as they say, practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preciosas Damárys!! Me gusta especialmente la primera, la de los tres niños con la guirnalda, aunque la del hada también es muy bonita. Enhorabuena por tu gran trabajo. Un abrazo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, amiga.... me alegra saber que estas disfrutando este blog!

      Delete
  4. Lovely silhouettes! I really like the first one. Thanks for information about Lavinia Stamps, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie!
      Yes, Lavinia Stamps are beautiful, and one of these days I'm going to order some.... I just wish they were not so far away LOL!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on starting a blog! I haven't been brave enough yet. I love your silhouette cards, and I just got into big trouble after checking out Lavinia Stamps! Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,
    Thank you for your nice words....once you get the hang of using a brayer, the rest falls into place. Yes, Lavinia Stamps is a fantastic site, and I hope to one day order their stamps, as I love the elemental theme of faeries and the mystical.

    ReplyDelete